iPhone App Development
Last updated 14 Aug. 2007.
If you don't know if an ARM chip is big endian or little endian or are looking for ringtones and backgrounds, don't waste your time here. Check out iFuntastic or ModMyiPhone.com. Or you can alwasy blend your iPhone.
Where to look for answers if you get stuck on something
List of Links (no order)
- HOWTO: Install SSH on your iPhone the easiest way to do it from a windows box
- iPhone SSH Install for Mac - Shell Script easy way to install ssh from a mac (untested) [added 5 Aug. 2007]
- Erica Sadun on TUAW she's written quite a few apps including a gui text editor and a screenshot utility. also written an article on building a toolchain. new add: iPhone Voice Recoder Utility [added 5 Aug. 2007]
- Hackintosh iPhone Fourm general iPhone discussions occasionally has topics about development
- iPhone binutils subversion host for toolchain; mostly used by toolchain tutorials
- iPhone Dev Wiki the most complete resource out there. a little hard to navigate, but a search for a keyword usually turns up good results.
- iPhone Hacking Wiki includes a binary installer! for a toolchain aswell as directions for building a toolchain from scratch and installing dropbear sshd. also includes hello.app (bin, src) and iPhone Apps (including tetris!)
- MobileTerminal dev site for mobileterminal
- iphonetapp dev site for iphonetapp, a promising command line launcher
- itictactoe dev site for itictactoe [added 4 Aug. 2007]
- Make beautiful music on your iPhone self-explanatory (untested) [added 6 Aug. 2007]
- iphonelist windows app for browsing iphone file system (untested) [added 6 Aug. 2007]
- iphonenes a nes emulator for iphone [added 7 Aug. 2007]
- iphoneebooks a ebook reader for the iphone [added 12 Aug. 2007]
- Installer.app great program to easily install and manage software on your iphone [added 12 Aug. 2007]
- iphonador good feed tracking software updates [added 12 Aug. 2007]
- iPhonador's iPhone Application Directory very complete list of apps for iphone; much better than this page [added 14 Aug. 2007]
Package Downloads (again, no order)
The 1.0.1 Update
As far as anyone can tell the update to firmware rev 1.0.1 will erase everything on a hacked iPhone. It will not, however, prevent the iPhone from being hacked again as jailbreak, iphoneinterface and friends will continue to work normally.
What I've done
- installed dropbear
- installed binaries
- installed sshd and removed dropbear
- installed terminal, tetric, hello, zune, and a lot more.
- built a toolchain [updated 12 Aug. 2007]
- working on sip phone [updated 12 Aug. 2007]
If a link goes to your site and you would like it removed, drop me an email or comment and I'll remove it asap.